ePostRx™ offers the industry's only single source, end-to-end, centralized enterprise solution that can support all your electronic SCRIPT, Prescription Management and Rx Dispensing requirements across any pharmacy resource. ePostRx™ automates the prescription-fulfillment process, from Order/Rx/OTC receipt and insurance adjudication, to DUR and dispensing for all pharmacy business models, including retail chains and high-volume pharmacies operated by insurers, integrated health systems, supermarkets, wholesalers, mail order service or specialty mail facilities.
ePostRx™ is designed to maximize efficiency across any pharmacy's resource.
ePostRx™ System Features
- Web application architecture reduces Total Cost of Ownership(TCO) through browser interface allowing on-line access of resources anywhere across the enterprise. Centralized application deployment significantly reduces overhead associated with managing incremental product updates per client machine.
- Centralized database drives data consistency across the enterprise while allowing online access to real-time data.
Intuitive Graphical User Interface (GUI) that utilizes both keyboard and mouse driven selections.
- Developed using Java and distributed technologies such as J2EE, JSP, XML and XSL. Runs on any platform that supports the JVM (Java Virtual Machine) such as Windows, Solaris, Linux etc.
- Workflow Engine allows customers to define workflow rules that meet everyday business needs and create workflow possibilities.
Workflow queues improve productivity ensuring most efficient use of resources across the enterprise.
- Workflow Transaction Engine automatically routes events from queue to queue.
- Group and User Level defined roles limit user access to sensitive functional areas. Allows creation of user groups to target specific business needs.
- Use of bar code technology speeds data entry process and assures quality during the dispensing and verification operations.
- Supports Microsoft SQL Server. Plans are currently underway to add support for an Open Source DB - MySql or PostgreSql.
- Ability to connect to LDAP (Lighweight Directory Access Protocol) server for enterprise-wide user authentication.
- Utilizes latest open source technologies to avoid vendor lock and provide increased affordability!
- And many, many more...
ePostRx™ Pharmacy Features
- Electronic workflow queues
- Can support multiple pharmacies servicing multiple facilities
- Supports manual and automatic prescription and OTC fulfillment
- Clinical Screening including Drug/ Drug, Drug/ Food, Drug/Alcohol, prior adverse reaction, duplicate therapy, and drug/disease contraindication screening
- Real-time electronic claims adjudication utilizing version 5.1 telecom standard.
- MediSpan drug knowledge base support. Future support for First Database drug knowledge base.
- Fast and easy prescription entry and filling process.
- Integrated inventory control including low stock reports, purchase order generation and updates of actual cost from vendor.
- Integrated A/R to allow posting of payments, adjustments and Payment Card transactions.
- Third Party Reconciliation
- Report Writer
- Multiple notes for Rx, Doctor, Supplier, Product, Inventory, Patient etc..
- Audit logging per user transaction for HIPAA auditing
- And many, many more...
ePostRx Enterprise Workflow
While more sophisticated by its very nature, the high-volume process in some respects resembles a manufacturing environment, with controlled workflow that progresses from station to station, inventory control, quality assurance checks, and such back-office operations as customer service, exception handling and accounting. ePostRx™ supports and enhances these processes to facilitate higher volumes, more profitably, with:
- Configurable business workflows
- Electronic work queues
- Bar-coded order entry and tracking
- Production monitoring to identify and minimize bottlenecks
- Automated routing from station to station
- Automated therapeutic and generic substitution recommendations
- Centralized database
- Efficient Use of Pharmacists - Administrative work is directed to lower-cost technicians, who gain proficiency while helping ensure the most efficient use of pharmacists' resources.
- Paperless Processing - Prescriptions can be scanned and/or bar-coded, and routed electronically. Order status is always accessible, and such processes as adjudication and DUR can be handled simultaneously. Exceptions are automatically routed for special handling.
- Automated Adjudication - The system ensures that co-payment and insurance revenues are accurately calculated and paid.
- Quality Assurance - UPS and bar codes are used to verify order contents. Digital pill images can be compared to bottle contents. Most popular automated dispensing systems are supported.
- Seamless Shipping - Paperwork is generated automatically and interfaces with most shipping manifest software.
- And many, many more...
Here are just some of the ways ePostRx™ systems help high-volume pharmacies increase efficiency, lower costs and enhance patient care:
Typical ePostRx Enterprise Business Workflow
Contact ANSHealth today about ePostRx™ and increase your profits